Friday, May 10, 2013

What is your purpose?


So, What is Your Purpose?  Kind of a difficult question for most.  At least it is for me!

 A few colleagues of mine have been encouraging me to start a Blog over the last few months.  For me, it was a no-brainer;  I don't have anything profound to say, so why waste my time, (and yours)!  But over the last few days, I think I am changing my mind about this.

As technology is ever changing, so is the classroom in which our youth are growing up.  I am a strong advocate for enriching our students in a technology deep classroom.  I am an advocate for our children being immersed in educational technology, because it is THEIR world!  However, I am not an advocate for the latest and greatest piece of technology being thrown into our classrooms and teachers using the tool to guide their instruction.  Integration is the key.  Teachers need to be able to continue to teach new common core standards and integrate technology into these lessons to enhance learning.  This is my purpose.  This is my passion.  I am planning on using this Blog to communicate ideas and lessons to teachers who share my viewpoint.  I am hoping that through curating good ideas and good uses of technology, you will be captivated enough to continue to come back.

So here it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment