Friday, July 5, 2013

Oh No! I Lost All My Vacation Pics! Or Did I???


Let me tell you how my Independence day celebration ended this year...

Well my BFF came over for a cook-out and some family time.  To kill a few hours before the fireworks, she wanted to work on an online album of her recent family trip to Disney.  As we were trying to work smarter and not harder, somehow she deleted her entire folder that contained not only the last 3 years of her children's lives, but the ever so precious pictures from a recent family trip to Disney.  ARGH!  As she looked at me with eyes full of tears, I headed to YouTube to seek out some answers.  Low and behold I found what I was looking for!  (Man what did we do before YouTube?)  Those pictures that you think you have deleted from your SD card actually still exist! :)

We watched the posted video from yutubemeda, a few times over to tell the truth, and decided to give Pandora Recovery a try.  What could it do? Right?  What could we lose?  We already lost a lot in my BFFs eyes.  We would waste a few minutes trying to recover or lose all of her value pictures because of a mis-click of the mouse!

Soooooo I headed over to CNET, only because I trusted this site and frankly I was worried about downloading a virus.  I then proceeded to download this free software.  I followed the on screen directions and my heart sank!  It didn't work!  Before performing CPR on my friend, I tried one last attempt at this newly downloaded program.  As I looked closer at the screen it read, "Didn't find what you were looking for?"  BINGO!  I clicked it and amazingly it began recovering and loading all 2,166 missing pictures!  Now, this wasn't a quick process.  In all I believe it took about 45 minutes to recover all of these lost photos, but in the end it was well worth it!

I had no idea you could recover lost/deleted pictures from a SD card!  Chalk this independence day up to a learning experience!   I wonder if many years ago the people living in this country who were fighting for our many freedoms would have thought that these devices would exist and be a part of the many freedoms we enjoy today?  Something to think about!

I highly recommend watching this just in case you find yourself in our shoes when working with photos!  

No comments:

Post a Comment